West Ham United manager Manuel Pellegrini is unable to put a timescale on Jack Wilshere’s return to action, after the midfielder suffered another injury setback, TEAMtalk reports.
Wilshere has suffered a mysterious ankle injury to further put his West Ham career on hold.
The England international had minor surgery in his left ankle in September and returned to action for The Hammers for five minutes as a substitute at Newcastle earlier this month.
However, the 26-year-old is now suffering from an unknown pain in his right ankle, with Pellegrini having already confirmed that he will miss the Fulham fixture on Saturday evening.
Is it more serious than first thought? Maybe, because when he felt the pain it was in his ‘good’ ankle – it was not the ankle where he had the surgery
We hoped it was just a pain and that he could adjust for two or three days but for different things it has been longer than we expected.
It is very difficult to know. Maybe the doctor can answer better than me – on Wednesday he did a medical examination and when we get the results we will know.
Despite no date yet set on Wilshere’s possible return, the West Ham boss has moved to rule out the possibility of a reunion with Yaya Toure, whom Pellegrini managed at Manchester City.
Toure is now a free agent after leaving Olympiakos by mutual agreement on Tuesday after three months at the club in which he made just five appearances.
Pellegrini said:
I spoke with Yaya, yes, at the beginning of the season. I have always said he is a great player but I don’t know what happened with him in Greece.
At this moment we are just thinking about the next game, I don’t want to talk until the end of December about which players we are going to need in the window.
It is not a priority because we already have players in that position.





