West Ham are reportedly lining up a bid for Montpellier striker Gaetan Laborde before the transfer window closes.
Irons’ boss David Moyes will be hoping to add an attacking option to the squad in support of new club-record top-flight goalscorer Michail Antonio.
Linked with a move for Larborde since the departure of Sebastien Haller, the Hammers may finally be about to land their man some eight months later.
That’s according to journalist J Montanelli on Twitter, who claims that the club are readying an offer for the 27-year-old.
Twitter: A bid for Laborde, I’m told, is expected Imminently. #WHUFC (@JMontanelliLNDN)
Laborde has made an impressive start to the 2021/22 Ligue 1 campaign, scoring twice in the opening three fixtures from a right-wing position.
Despite previously being predominantly a central striker, the Frenchman has earned an average Sofascore rating of 7.07 from a wider position during the early weeks.
READ WEST HAM VERDICT
Signing an additional attacking option prior to Tuesday’s deadline is a must for West Ham.
Although talismanic frontman Michail Antonio has made a remarkable start to the new Premier League season, the 31-year-old has a history of breaking down mid-season and overuse would only put further pressure on the ace.
Laborde’s newfound versatility would be beneficial to Moyes’ squad, allowing the Frenchman to dovetail with not only Antonio but also Said Benrahma, Pablo Fornals and Jarrod Bowen.
Montpellier are now reportedly asking for around €20million (£16million), a fee the Hammers should be willing to part with for an essential option.





