West Ham United winger Robert Snodgrass has revealed that every player has been given a clean slate under new manager Manuel Pellegrini.
The Daily Star write that Snodgrass is determined to take his chance after it looked like he may be forced out of the club on a permanent basis.
The Scotland international joined the Hammers from Hull City in January of last year for a reported fee of £7m.
Despite then making 15 Premier League appearances before the end of the season, Snodgrass was sent out on loan to Championship side Aston Villa for the entirety of the 2017-18 season.
Upon the expiry of David Moyes’ contract in the summer, it was announced that former Premier League winner Manuel Pellegrini would be taking the reigns at the London Stadium.

His appointment has been beneficial for Snodgrass, who said:
The new manager did not say this just to me – he said it to everybody. He has come in, it’s a clean slate. Who wants to take their chance? I have got a chance and I am comfortable, I’m happy.
I always believed I could score goals and create goals and play in the team. I have done it since I was 15. In every league I have been in, I have always scored goals.
I was the top goalscorer at Norwich in the Premier League, I was the top goalscorer at Hull. I have not got a problem with that. It’s being part of the team, being around the lads. They know that this lad will work his socks off.
The 30-year-old came on as a substitute on the opening weekend at Liverpool, but started the home defeat against Bournemouth and the loss to Arsenal on Saturday.
The winger will be hoping to keep his starting birth for their next match, a trip to Wimbledon in the Carabao Cup tomorrow night.





