Toulouse manager Dominique Arribage has confirmed that long-running West Ham target Wissam Ben Yedder will not be leaving the French club, meaning that West Ham’s search for another striker continues.
L’Equipe report that the 25-year-old Frenchman had been scouted by West Ham for over a year and Slaven Bilic was interested in bringing the striker to East London for £6million.
“Will Wissam leave? No I don’t think so. I think he will remain a Toulouse player after next week“, said Toulouse manager Arribage after his side’s 3-1 loss against Rennes.
Ben Yedder is the most recent failure in West Ham’s search for a striker following injuries to Andy Carroll, Enner Valencia and Mauro Zarate and the sale of Modibo Maïga have left Diafra Sakho, who is having some off the field problems of his own, as West Ham’s only senior striker.
The Frenchman can also play on both wings. With the transfer window closing on Tuesday, Slaven Bilic has said that although West Ham are in need of a couple of wingers and a backup striker, the Hammers will not be rushed into a panic buy





