West Ham fans have voted Dimitri Payet as the club’s best player in a recent poll ran on this site.

A poll was run to determine West Ham’s best player and fans were able to vote players through each round in a ‘winner stays on’ set-up.

Payet won an incredible 93% of the duels that he was involved in. However, the other 7% is more surprising given his sublime form this season for the Hammers.

West Ham currently lie fifth in the Premier League and Payet has played a massive part in their success this season.

The Frenchman joined the club last summer and hasn’t looked back. Payet has eight goals and seven assists in the Premier League this season and is seen as one of the best signings of last summer’s transfer window.

It was a predictable result given Payet’s form, but there were some other contenders, such as Mark Noble, Angelo Ogbonna and Adrian among others.

Read more from Daniel Emery