I caught up with the main man from Read Crystal Palace, James Spiking, to get his views on the upcoming fixture between the Eagles and the Hammers.
1) How sharp is Crystal Palace’s squad looking following the international break?
Crystal Palace’s biggest miss is most probably Connor Wickham. Joel Ward is another big miss for the Eagles, but apart from that, Palace are ready.
2) What can we expect to see from the game this weekend?
Free-flowing football is what will be on show at Selhurst Park. This, and the electric atmosphere, will make for a great fixture with what’s needed for a London derby, Hopefully, there’ll be some goals too!
3) Will Alan Pardew’s history with West Ham affect the result?
I don’t think so. Alan Pardew is a professional and he showed that when Newcastle United came to Selhurst Park last season. He isn’t one to let previous adventures get in the way of the project he is undertaking.
4) Are you surprised that no Crystal Palace players are in the England squad?
Very. Crystal Palace have been one of the most surprising teams in the league this year and that’s thanks to English stars such as Jason Puncheon, Wilfried Zaha and Scott Dann.
5) Which player poses the biggest threat?
Yannick Bolasie is looking very dangerous at the moment. Yohan Cabaye, despite them both being penalties, has found the net in the last two games and his awareness in the midfield is capable of breaking down any side.
6) And finally, can we get a score prediction please?
I think Crystal Palace will edge this one 2-1, with goals from Dwight Gayle and Yannick Bolasie, and Dimitri Payet with the response for the visitors.