West Ham are confident that Marseille attacker Dimitri Payet WILL reject a new contract at the club in order to sign with the Hammers, says the Daily Star, with the Daily Mail reporting the Hammers have agreed a fee for the player who will join the club.
It was claimed in yesterday’s edition of La Provence that sources close to Payet and Marseille stated that there had been no third offer of €20m from the Hammers for Payet, following rejected offers of €7m and €13m earlier this month.
However, in today’s ‘Boleyn Insider’ column, it said that the club had made a ‘big money offer’ to sign the 28-year-old this summer, and hope to get a deal resolved this week.
More fuel was added to the fire when Jack Sullivan tweeted that the club hope to announce an ‘eight figure deal within the next five days’ which correlates with the details given in today’s ‘Boleyn Insider’ column on the official site.
Sorry I have been quiet but….we hope to announce a very large 8 figure deal within 5 days. I can't tell you more at the moment.
— Jack Sullivan (@jsullivanwhu) June 23, 2015
Payet was set to meet with Marseille president Vincent Labrune this week over renegotiating his current contract, which is now only worth £45,000-a-week now the club aren’t playing Champions League football, and Payet wants a significant pay rise to stay.
The Frenchman, capped 15 times by the national side, has been offered a £70,000-a-week, five-year deal by West Ham, who are growing increasingly confident that he’ll opt to join their campaign.




